GoFreshBaby Reusable Food Pouch Review
Babies who are 6 months old and above are discovering lots of new things in their surroundings. The ability to do things on their own gives rise to the need to do things their way. If you are raising or have raised babies, you will most likely be familiar with words like “I’ll do it myself” and the highly-dreaded “NO!” Feeding infants and toddlers is a challenge that often leaves parents wishing they had some super power. Your baby is testing his/her palate and is exercising free will, much to your consternation. Not many toddlers appreciate being spoon-fed and the mess that ensues will drive you crazy.
Food pouches “squeezed” their way into the world of parenting in the late 2000’s and there has been no looking back since then. Parents love the convenience of an easy feeding technique that ensures that babies receive nutrients, eat often and stay mess-free. Children, on the other hand, thrive in the new independence that feeding themselves brings.
While food pouches are a great option, the fact remains that they are also an expensive option. Brands like Plum Organics, Ella’s Kitchen, Gerber and Earth’s Best have jumped head-on into the commercial baby food pouch market and you will easily find all these brands in stores hosting commercial baby food. However, each pouch costs anything between $1.40 and $2 which is almost double the price of the same food sold in jars. When you consider that an average toddler will be chugging down 3 to 4 pouches a day per day, the costs begin to multiply. So what option do we have? Reusable food pouches like GoFreshBaby offer a cost-effective and green alternative. Let’s look through the good and the bad in this review of GoFreshBaby reusable food pouches.
What’s To Like
- Reusable – GoFreshBaby food pouches are reusable and durable. The pouch is made of food grade plastic that is heavy duty puncture resistant and completely BPA/Phthalate- free.
- Keeping It Familiar – Often parents face a problem if their children have already been using disposable food pouches of any brand because the child does not recognize any other food containers. GoFreshBaby food pouches are tried and tested, with this bias in mind. The result is a reusable food pouch that looks and feels similar to the others so your child will take to it in no time at all. The makers of these food pouches have ensured that the spout is not some outlandish straw that children won’t be able to use. The top spout design is familiar and something that infants and toddlers have most likely mastered already.
- Seal Closure – The closure is a heavy duty double zip seal closure that is highly leak-resistant. So whether you fill it with thick purees, thin juices or smoothies, you can rest assured that food leakages that reach the carpet and the ceiling are a thing of the past! In order to help parents who are using GoFreshBaby food pouches for the first time, there are detailed instructions on how to fill the pouches in a way that causes the least pressure build-up and the maximum pre-set amount to be filled.
- Easy to Clean – One of the best things about GoFreshBaby food pouches is that it is incredibly easy to clean. Just run it through the dishwasher’s top rack or swirl a bottle brush inside it to get it squeaky clean. The small end of the bottle brush is a perfect fit for the nozzle and cap.
- Resealable – Yes, meal times are meal times but how many toddlers finish everything they are given in one go? With myriad distractions surrounding them, it is most likely that toddlers will run around the house before they settle in for a little more food. GoFreshBaby food pouches are a great option because they are resealable. The pouch is ready again when your toddler is.
- Freezer Storing – Do you prepare homemade food purees in a large quantity and freeze them? Whether you choose to cook more and freeze for later or just want to carry some pouches in an ice pack on a holiday, GoFreshBaby food pouches are up for the game. They are completely freezable and you can thaw by dropping the pouch into some warm water or leaving it in the refrigerator. These pouches cannot be microwaved.
- Size – GoFreshBaby food pouches come only in one size (5 ounces). Toddlers will most likely be able to gulp down a couple of these pouches without breaking a sweat. However, they are a handy size and proper ml. and oz. markings ensure that you know how much your child has consumed in the day.
GoFreshBaby food pouches offer a green alternative to using disposable ones. They are cost-effective, you can fill them with any kind of purees and they are easy to use. Go green the GoFreshbaby way!